Many foot massagers offer just 4 points of contact to work on the foot. Those points of contact never make it to the back of the foot, as if your heel doesn’t need to enjoy a massage too. The Nekteck Foot Massager with Shiatsu Therapy takes a different design approach. It will massage the entire foot and offers 6 points of contact, each with three rotating nodes, so there are 18 total massage areas being worked simultaneously.
Instead of a slipper-like design, this model requires you to place your foot on top of the equipment for the massage to work. It does have 3 height-level adjustments and offers a manual heating function, creating for most a safe and relaxing massage.
One note: the reviewer for this foot massager has higher arches, which limited the effectiveness of the massage action.
How Well Does the Nekteck Foot Massager Operate?
There is a certain “take it or leave it” mentality which comes with the Nekteck Foot Massager. The design option is nice with the multiple rotating heads, but it also unapologetically states that this product isn’t going to work for everyone.
The manufacturer’s recommendation if you feel like the massage is too hard? “Put a towel between your foot and the massager.”
It is a foot massager that is really easy to operate. The power button is located centrally between the two foot pads, allowing the operator to turn on the equipment as they settle their feet onto it.
Although it is lightweight, it is a stable product and operates quietly. You can use the foot massager almost anywhere and it won’t disturb most people. There is also a 12-month warranty associated with this option, which is a nice security blanket to have.
What Was Discovered During the Review?
- There are virtually no options for customization with this foot massager. You can change the heat, but that’s about it.
- For those with higher arches, this design is virtually useless. You’ll feel the massage around the toes and near the heel, but almost the entire middle part of the foot gets missed.
- The rotation mechanism of the foot massager tends to make your feet move off the pads over time, which forces the user to maintain the proper position with a certain amount of force.
- If you need a tougher massage, you can press your feet into this massager and the motor keeps up with the demand.
- The design of the massager is flat enough that it can potentially double as a shoulder and back massager for some individuals.
There are some definite design advantages with the Nekteck Foot Massager with Shiatsu Therapy. You have more contact points. The height adjustment is somewhat useful. For those with normal feet, there is a lot of potential here, especially when comparing the price to similar models.
If you’re on a tight budget and don’t have higher arches, it’s worth giving this massager a try. There isn’t much to lose and there is a good chance that it could provide you with the relief that you need.